Room, circa 1920
photo shows the meters, knife-switches, and marble panels
from nearly 80 years ago. William Richwein and Jack Keating
were operators in the hydro-plant. The marble panels were
replaced by steel panels probably in the 1930s or 1940s.
Up until the late 1960s, this control room was staffed throughout
the day, and with an operator on-call throughout the night. These
meters and relays monitor the operation of the generators and
the electrical power produced, insuring compatibility with the
rest of the power grid. The information from the instruments is
being monitored at the Cabin Creek hydro plant nearly five miles
south of this plant.